What are the theoretical subjects that will be taught?
- The notes of gamut (solfège) + musical theories
- Arabic music (Makamat art)
- Arts and sciences of teaching(teaching skills)
Which musical instruments the students will learn how to play?
Our musical online study program consists of the following stages:
- The study will start by studying the notes of gamut . During this period, students will learn how to read musical notes in addition to musical theories..
- Each individual student will choose the musical instrument he desire to play by taking (audio and video) direct lessons. This lesson will be given by a specialized instructor to each student individually at the rate of one lesson weekly. The duration of lesson is 30 minutes. Students may choose to take more than lesson weekly according to their desire.
- Learners move to an advanced stage which is more developed with respect to artistic programs.
- The fifth stage of solfège is higher than previous level.
- The sixth stage is a more advanced stage which is entirely devoted to practical playing.
- The learner has the option to pursue his learning experience for prolonged periods according to his desire and the level of expertise he seeks.
Requirements needed for subscribing in the center:
Computer\mobile phone ..
The way of distributing students in theoretical lessons:
Students will be divided as per their ages (children and adults )
How to deal with the students who have previous musical background?
An estimation will be made to define the level which suits each student.
Is there an admission test for the students who have no idea about music?
Of course not, all applications submitted to us will be accepted without any restriction (according to our belief in “music for all wherever they are).
Concerning harmonics, teaching sciences and Makamat art, can student learn them individually?
Yes, if he can read musical note. In the case of not having the ability to read musical notes, he will be moved to a stage suitable for him and then he will learn the subject he looks forward to study it.
Juan Karajoli studied at two institutes, the Arab and the High Institute of Music in Damascus and graduated from the latter in 1997. He was trained by the most famous lute players in the world ,,He participated in several workshops like with Indian sitar player Deboji Chowdhury
Juan appeared as a Soloist with the Syrian National Symphony Orchestra and Takfen Turkish Philharmonic Orchestra. He Played in several Arab and foreign countries such as Lebanon – Egypt – Morocco – Tunisia – Iraq – Jordan – United Arab Emirates – Qatar – Algeria – Turkey – France – England – Spain – Netherlands – Belgium – United States of America…
He Presided over the Department of Arabic instruments at the Higher Institute of Music and took the leadership of the Arab Music Ensemble of the Higher Institute of Music for four years, respectively. He conducted the Syrian Youth ensemble for Arabic music since the year 2001 to 2005 and took the leadership on Solhi Al-Wadi Orchestra. Juan is one of the founders of Abu Khalil Qabbani traditional group.
He teached in many institutes such as Solhi Al-Wadi Institute of Music in Damascus and the Higher Institute of Music. Also, he teached music at the ballet school at the Higher Institute of Dramatic Arts.
Juan Took command of the Syrian Orchestra for Arabic Music. He composed the music for eleven Syrian films. One of those films won an award at Hiroshima Short Film festival and was entitled (barbed wire). The second film (tomorrow) has won first place in Asia and second in the World Environmental Films Competition (Sri Lanka 2001). He Wrote the music for several plays (the day of our time – Death and the Virgin Mary – The House of Bernarda Alba – Actress – modern woman – the word female – House of the balconies of the seven – Epic Marri). He recorded two CD’s, the first is called (You Are My Life) and the second is (journey in heritage). He was nominated by the Ministry of Culture for the UNESCO Prize for music in 2005.
Juan was the director of Solhi Al-Wadi institute of music and the Directorate of Arab institutes of music in the Ministry of Culture. He won the second prize at the Takht Arab competition in the Egypt 1997. He was honored the trophy of the Eastern Province of Egypt and a trophy of the Sousse university Festival in Tunisia.
he owns now .. musical E- learning website. www. awtar-online.com
–Got the PhD. in philosophy –major: music from C.I U. _ California_ U.S.A. in 2013